Following a number of teasers, ASUS today unveiled the ASUS ZenWatch, its first Android Wear wearable device. Unlike many smarwatches to date, ASUS has strived to give the ZenWatch the look and finish of a more traditional watch. Classic watch features like a stitched leather strap and a polished watch body are complemented with a curved AMOLED display and features added to the standard Android Wear ones.
ZenWatch is much more than a sophisticated timepiece. With a range of practical smart features, including Watch Unlock, Tap Tap, Remote Camera, Cover to Mute, Find My Phone and Presentation Control, ZenWatch is the perfect smart companion. Its seamless integration with ASUS ZenUI adds even more functionality for owners of ASUS smartphones, letting users enjoy enhanced versions of exclusive ASUS ZenUI apps such as What’s Next and Do It Later.
ASUS ZenWatch (WI500Q) specifications
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Android Wear with watch-specific version of ASUS ZenUI
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 1.63-inch (320×320 / 278DPI) AMOLED curved display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Connectors: Micro-USB on charging cradle
- Battery: Polymer 1.4Wh
- Dimensions: 50.6 × 39.8 × 7.9 to 9.4 millimeters
- Weight: 50 grams (body) / 25 grams (strap)
- Colours: Silver and rose gold with brown leather strap
- Other: Water resistant (IP55 rated)
ASUS did not provide specific ZenWatch availability and pricing details today. The company had previously said though that it would launch in October for less than US$199.
Source : ASUS