MTS today announced the launch of its first Google Android device, the HTC 6250 smartphone.
“MTS is always working to provide wireless customers with handsets that are fun and exciting to use, and we are pleased to be launching a leading Android device,” said Stan Kurtas, Vice President, Marketing, MTS Allstream. “The HTC 6250 has a number of features that our wireless subscribers will appreciate, together with the competitive plans we offer and the support of Manitoba’s trusted wireless network.”
HTC 6250 specifications:
- Operating system: Google Android 2.1 with HTC Sense UI
- Connectivity: Dual Band (800/1900MHz) CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A
- Other connectivity: GPS, 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
- Display: 3.2-inch HVGA capacitive touchscreen
- Input: Trackball with select button
- Memory: 512MB ROM
- Storage: microSD cards up to 32GB
- Camera: 5MP camera with auto-focus
- Connectors: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions / weight: 114 x 56 x 13.7 millimeters / 128 grams
MTS is offering the HTC 6250 for CA$99.99 with a three-year contract or CA$199.99 with a two-year contract.