SaskTel today announced the expansion of its recently launched 3G+ wireless network to 33 additional locations across Saskatchewan.
“Our 3G+ wireless network delivers increased bandwidth, greater international roaming and a wider selection of wireless devices,” said Ron Styles, SaskTel President and CEO. “3G+ is the new industry standard and will enable SaskTel to make a smooth transition to future generations of wireless technology.”
Among the 33 new locations are:
- Avonlea: provides coverage to the town of Avonlea and the surrounding area
- Battle River, Marsden and Grass Lake: provide coverage to the oil patch region southeast of Lloydminster
- Eatonia: provides coverage to the town of Eatonia and the area southwest of Kindersley including Highway 44
- Milden: provides coverage to the area southeast of Rosetown
- Strasbourg: provides coverage to the town of Strasbourg and along Highway 20 northeast of Regina
SaskTel expects that it will complete its network in 2011, covering 98 percent of Saskatchewan’s population.