Only days after a leak revealed it to the world, Sony Ericsson formally announced the Xperia X8. As expected, this mid-range device slots in between the Xperia X10 Mini and the Xperia X10.
Timo Maassmann, Product Marketing Manager for Xperia X8, said, “We are delighted to be able to bring the full experience of our Xperia smartphones to new consumers by delivering a fully featured device at a more accessible price point.”
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 specifications:
- Processor: 600MHz
- Operating system: Google Android 1.6 with Sony Ericsson UI
- Connectivity: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and either dual-band (900/2100MHz) HSPA or tri-band (800/1900/2100MHz) HSPA (depending on model)
- Other connectivity: A-GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Display: 3.0-inch HVGA capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: Up to 128MB
- Storage: microSD (2GB card included)
- Camera: 3.2MP
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro USB connector
- Battery: 1200mAh
- Dimensions: 99 by 54 by 15mm
- Weight: 104g
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 will be available in selected markets starting in Q3 2010. It is expected to sell for under €200 (about US$250).