Microsoft Canada revealed back in late May that the entry-level Nokia Lumia 635 was coming to Canada. The announcement turned out to be somewhat premature but Microsoft Devices Group (via Nokia Canada) last week promised that it was “on the horizon.” Just over a week later, the Lumia 635 has finally landed in Canada courtesy of both Rogers Wireless and Fido, making it the first smartphone to launch in Canada with Windows Phone 8.1 preloaded.
Nokia Lumia 635 brings the latest Windows® Phone 8.1 experience. Enjoy typing by swiping with Word Flow, the fastest keyboard around. See all of your chats, social updates and settings with just one swipe in the all-new Action Center. And make your start screen distinctly your own by adding a background photo to see your real-time Live Tiles come to life more than ever before. Different interchangeable backs called shells can be switched out to reflect your unique style.
Nokia Lumia 635 specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+/GPRS
- Other connectivity: GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA
- Display: 4.5-inch FWVGA (480×854/221PPI) ClearBlack IPS LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 128GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP AF with f/2.4 aperture and 720p video capture
- Front-facing camera: None
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB-B
- Battery: 1,830mAh
- Dimensions: 129.5 × 66.7 × 9.2 millimeters
- Weight: 134 grams
- Colours: Orange, Bright Green, Yellow, Black, White
- Other: FM Radio
Rogers Wireless is offering the Nokia Lumia 635 for free on a two-year contract or CA$199.99 outright. Similarly, Fido is offering it for free on a 2-year Tab24 or standard contract or CA$200 outright.
If Microsoft’s original posting is to be believed, the Nokia Lumia 635 is also headed to TELUS at some point.
Update: We have received word from Nokia Canada that the Lumia 635 is headed to TELUS Mobility in August. We’ll let you know as soon as it launches.