ASUS first announced the ASUS ZenWatch 2 in early June at Computex. It took several months to finally announce availability and pricing details at IFA 2015 in early September. A month later, the ASUS ZenWatch 2 today went on sale on the U.S. version of the Google Store as well as other retailers.
Selling for US$149.99 (about CA$200) or less, the ASUS ZenWatch 2 is among the most affordable Android Wear devices currently on the market. While ASUS promised a range of case and strap colours, only a few configurations are currently available.
ASUS ZenWatch 2 specifications:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android Wear
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Display: Curved 1.6-inch or 1.45-inch AMOLED (320×320) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Colours: Silver, Gunmetal and Rose Gold with 18 different strap choices
- Other: Digital crown button
On the Google Store, you can choose from the 49mm model with 1.6-inch display with Navy Blue 22mm leather strap or the smaller 45mm model with 1.45-inch display and light aqua 18mm rubber wristband. Both models are being offered for US$149.99 on Google Play although the larger model can currently be ordered.
You can also order the 49mm model in a gunmetal & brown leather strap configuration from Best Buy for the same price. You can also pre-order it directly from ASUS with a brown rubber wristband. for US$129.99 (about CA$170).
The Google Store still lists the ASUS ZenWatch 2 as unavailable in Canada unfortunately.
Source : ASUS