If you are looking for a cheaper but slightly less powerful alternative to Conduits’ PocketArtist, PocketBrush from GVMobile might fill the bill. Among its many features are:
- Support for loading and saving JPEG, BMP and PNG formats. Support for importing GIF and 2BP formats
- 4 Selection Tools: Rectangular Marquee, Lasso, Magic Wand and Polygon Lasso
- Basic shapes such as lines, rectangles, rectangles with round edges, circles, ellipses, and polygons
- 8 Filter Brush Tools: Blur, Sharpen, Smudge, Lighter, Darker, Tint, Red Eye Reduction and Healing
- Image Transformations: Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Luminance, Gamma Correction, Colorize, Invert, Grayscale, Rotate, Flip, Resize
- Image Filters: Gaussian Blur, Average (lowpass), Sharpen, Unsharp Mask, Despackle, Add Noise, Jitter, Edge Detect, Emboss, Find Contours, Custom Textures, Mosaic, Oilpaint, Offset, Sphere, Swirl, Waves, RGB Separation, Solarize and Threshold
- Support for Windows Mobile 5.0 as well as Windows Mobile 2003 and 2003SE (including landscape mode support)
One feature that I could not find but that many may find absolutely necessary is support for layers. For everyone else, this might be an excellent to the more expensive Conduits Pocket Artist ($49.95 at our affiliate Handango).
PocketBrush 1.0 is available for $19.95 USD from our affiliate Handango. A trial version is also available.