HP has released a ROM update for the iPAQ rw6800 Multimedia Messenger. The update (version 1.01.03 ) comes with quite a few fixes as well as a few enhancements. Here are just some of the 40 fixes and enhancements:
- Corrects issue where the caller can hear his or her own voice when using the wired headset to make a phone call
- Corrects issue where the Device Lock does not work when the FM radio application is running.
- Corrects issue where the iPAQ Multimedia Messenger touchscreen fails to work and then does not work until a soft-reset is performed.
- Corrects issue where the file system is unresponsive when renaming file folders.
- Corrects issue where the speakers do not emit sound after a call is picked up by a Bluetooth headset.
- Upgrades the Pocket Music application to Version 4.4.1.
- Upgrades Cyberon Voice Commander to version 2.0.
- Updates Device Lock feature so only the Power button is able to “wake up” the iPAQ Multimedia Messenger. All other hardware buttons are disabled.
After updating to version 1.01.03 of the BIOS, the PDAmill GameBox Classics and the PDAmill GameBox Gems applications will also need to be updated. Look for updated versions of these applications on the HP website Software and Driver Downloads page for your iPAQ Multimedia Messenger model.
Note: The ROM update will overwrite the current ROM image and to erase the partnership and all user data and programs on the iPAQ handheld. Be sure to backup your data before doing the update.
Source: Pocket PC Thoughts