This week, Palm released a new software update for AT&T Treo 680 smartphones. This is a significant update with new functionality like:
- Push to Talk, allowing you to use your Treo 680 like a walkie-talkie
- Microsoft Direct Push
- Native instant messaging letting you access the AOL, Windows Live Messenger, or Yahoo! IM services
- Improved power management and updated default system power preferences
- Support up to 4 GB SD expansion cards (including SDHC format)
- Enhanced ringtone support supporting formats such as MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, and AMR
The update will also change all the Cingular branding to the new AT&T branding and we all know how important that is!
Another version for the unlocked GSM version of the Treo 680 is to be available soon, according to Palm.