Dell and AT&T have finally released the date on which the Dell Streak will be available. Mark August 13th on your calendars unless you signed up for Dell’s pre-sale offer in which case you’ll be able to order it one day earlier at www.dell.com/mobile.
The Dell Streak, a carbon black Android-based tablet with a 5-inch display, is designed to provide an excellent “on-the-go” entertainment, social connection, and navigation experience. The spacious 5-inch screen is ideal for experiencing thousands of Android Market widgets, games and applications, all without squinting or compromising portability. Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth capability and available 3G connectivity brings easy access for downloading and listening to music, updating social networking status in real-time, and staying connected to friends and family through e-mail, text, IM, and voice calls.
Dell Streak specifications:
- Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm QSD 8250 Snapdragon
- Operating system: Google Android 1.6 (2.2 OTA update later this year)
- Connectivity: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and tri-band (850/1900/2100MHz) UMTS/HSPA
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Display: 5-inch WVGA touchscreen
- Memory: 512MB RAM / 512MB ROM
- Storage: 2GB non-user accessible for system & applications files only / microSD cards (up to 32GB)
- Camera: 5MP rear-facing camera with auto-focus and dual-LED flash / VGA front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 15.24 by 7.87 by 1.02 centimeters (6 by 3.1 by .4-inches)
AT&T will offer the Dell Streak for US$299.99 with two-year contract and CA$549.99 without.