Dell today announced that the Dell Venue Pro, its first Windows Phone 7 smartphone, is now available in the US. You should be able to find it at Microsoft retail stores, Store.Microsoft.com, and directly from Dell (the latter showing shipment starting December 9th).
“No matter how you slide it, the Dell Venue Pro with Windows Phone 7 brings a fresh new approach of doing more with less,” said Michael Tatelman, Dell vice president and general manager, Dell consumer sales and marketing. “We’re continuing a path of creating smart, innovative and new mobile experiences to help people discover new ways to enjoy the web, connect with friends, and navigate their lives.”
Dell Venue Pro specifications:
- Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Operating system: Windows Phone 7
- Connectivity: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and tri-band (900/1700/2100MHz) UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1
- Display: 4.1-inch WVGA AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Input: Full portrait QWERTY keyboard
- Memory: 512MB RAM / 1GB ROM
- Storage: 8GB or 16GB onboard
- Camera: 5MP with autofocus
- Battery: 1400mAh
- Other: Gorilla Glass for durability and scratch resistance, FM radio
Pricing starts at US$99.99 for the 8GB model with a two-year contract (with data plan) with T-Mobile USA. It is also available without contract for US$449.99 (8GB) and US$499.99 (16GB).