As it did with the DROID and MILESTONE, MOTOROLA today announced the MILESTONE 2, the sibling of the recently unveiled Verizon DROID 2 by Motorola.
“MILESTONE 2 offers more power, more speed, with an improved keyboard, so users can send, access and share information even quicker than before to manage their work and personal life,” said Alain Mutricy, senior vice president, portfolio and device product management, Motorola Mobility. “This introduction not only reaffirms our commitment to innovate on Android but offers consumers the leading edge features they crave including fast web browsing, messaging, application downloads and multimedia.”
Motorola MILESTONE 2 specifications:
- Processor: 1GHz
- Operating system: Google Android 2.2 with MOTOBLUR UI
- Other connectivity: GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, DLNA
- Display: 3.7-inch 854 by 480 FWVGA touchscreen
- Input: Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Storage: 8GB onboard / microSD cards up to 32GB (8GB card included)
- Camera: 5MP with dual LED flash and 720p video capture
- Connectors: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 1,400mAh
- Other: Adobe Flash Player 10.1, 3G Mobile HotSpot
The MILESTONE 2 will be available in Europe starting in Q4 2010. There is no word yet on North American availability.