T-Mobile USA announced a new version of the T-Mobile myTouch. First introduced in mid-2009, the new version comes with updated specifications and touts 4G-like speeds.
“Taking advantage of the 4G speeds on T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network, the new myTouch delivers a faster and more compelling experience than most competing smartphones on the market,” said Andrew Sherrard, vice president, product management, T-Mobile USA. “Our continued focus to build innovative new features and personalized services truly makes myTouch unique.”
2nd generation T-Mobile myTouch specifications:
- Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255
- Operating system: Google Android 2.2
- Connectivity: HSPA+
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, DLNA
- Display: 3.8-inch WVGA touchscreen
- Input: Virtual keyboard and Swype
- Storage: microSD cards / 8GB card pre-installed
- Camera: 5MP rear-facing camera, front-facing camera
- Colours: White, black, plum or red
T-Mobile claims that its HSPA+ (not technically 4G like LTE or WiMAX) network can deliver speeds up to 14Mbps. It currently covers more than 65 US markets and, with ongoing expansion, should cover 100 major metropolitan areas and 200 million people by the end of the year.
T-Mobile will offer the new T-Mobile myTouch sometime before the holidays. Pricing was not revealed.