Confirming rumours, TELUS today officially announced that the HTC Desire is on its way to Canada.
“With social media being an essential part of the way Canadians communicate and stay informed, TELUS is committed to bringing them some of the best smartphones available on the market to answer that need,” said David Fuller, Chief Marketing Officer at TELUS. “The HTC Desire is not only the perfect smartphone to stay in the know of everything that is going on around you, it’s also the ideal device to experience Canada’s fastest mobile network that covers 93 per cent of Canada’s population.”
HTC Desire specifications:
- Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Operating system: Google Android 2.1 with HTC Sense
- Connectivity: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and dual-band (850/1900MHz) HSPA/WCDMA
- Other connectivity: GPS, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Display: 3.7-inch Sony Super LCD WVGA touchscreen
- Input: Optical joystick, software keyboard
- Memory: 576MB RAM and 512MB ROM
- Storage: microSD cards up to 32GB (8GB card included)
- Camera: 5MP with auto-focus and flash
- Connectors: 3.5mm headphone jack, micro-USB
- Battery: 1,400mAh
- Other: FM radio
If the TELUS specifications are to be believed, the AMOLED display of the original model has been replaced by a Super LCD display from Sony. The press release also makes no mention of an AMOLED display.
There is no word yet on specific availability and pricing.