The Samsung GALAXY Tab was not the only Android tablet to be unveiled today at IFA 2010. Toshiba Europe today announced its Folio 100 tablet device for “people looking for a 100 percent portable and versatile device that is always at hand for making the most of their digital life.”
Toshiba Folio 100 specifications:
- Processor: Nvidia Tegra 2
- Operating system: Google Android 2.2 with Toshiba UI
- Connectivity: Model/country dependent
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, DLNA
- Display: 10.1-inch capacitive multitouch (1024 by 600)
- Storage: 16GB onboard / SD cards
- Camera: Front-facing 1.3MP webcam
- Connectors: One miniHDMI, 1 USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 281 by 181 by 14 millimeters / 760 grams
Toshiba will also work with developers to help them optimize their applications for the FOLIO 100. A support website, www.toshibatouch.eu, has been set up for this purpose but there is scant content available so far.
The Toshiba FOLIO 100 will be available in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in Q4 2010 for around €399. There is no word yet on North American availability.