You can add Toshiba to the list of manufacturers set to introduce an Android-powered tablet. NotebookItalia.com has landed details of the Toshiba Folio 100, including specification details. A matching dock station has also been revealed.
Toshiba Folio 100 specifications:
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 2 (Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 250 perhaps?)
- Operating system: Google Android 2.2
- Connectivity: 3G
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Display: 10.1-inch WSVGA touchscreen
- Storage: 16GB onboard / SD cards up to 32GB
- Camera: 1.3MP webcam
- Connectors: USB 2.0, USB 2.0 mini, HDMI
- Battery: 1020mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 281 by 181 by 14 millimeters / 760 grams
It looks like Toshiba will also launch the Toshiba for Android Marketplace, its own app store.
It remains to be seen when Toshiba will formally unveil the Folio 100. Could it be as early as next week at the IFA tradeshow?
Note: The ‘Read more’ link is in Italian. [Google translation]