If you were underwhelmed with the leaked specifications of the BlackBerry 10 L-Series (consisting of the London, Laguna, and Lisbon smartphones), RIM’s A-Series may be the one to wait for. This latest series looks set to be RIM’s BlackBerry 10 flagship series. The first model could be the BlackBerry 10 Aristo / R081 if a leaked specifications sheet turns out to be accurate:
Rumoured BlackBerry 10 Aristo specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm APQ8064
- Operating system: RIM BlackBerry 10
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/WCDMA/GSM
- Other connectivity: A-GPS/GPS, 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band) Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, NFC
- Display: 4.65-inch HD (1280×720) OCTA Glass OLED
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB onboard and microSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP AF with 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera: 2MP with 720p video capture
- Connectors: Micro-USB, micro-HDMI
- Battery: Sealed 2,800mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 136 x 68 x 8.85 millimeters
Based on antenna configurations, there will be at least two variants: One for North America and one for Europe and Asia.
OCTA, which stands for On-Cell Touch Active-Matrix Light-Emitting Diode (AMOLED), uses the new on-cell technology to eliminate some layers in the touchscreen glass assembly to make it thinner. It was developed by Samsung Mobile Display.
There is no word yet on availability and pricing.
Source : RapidBerry