Samsung today announced the Samsung Galaxy Grand, a mid-range device with a 5-inch WVGA display. It is billed as “an ideal smartphone for users with fast-paced mobile lifestyles who demand more from their phone.” Sitting between the 4.8-inch Galaxy S III and the 5.5-inch Galaxy Note II (both sporting higher resolution displays though), Samsung appears to be trying to push the large-display smartphone form factor into a more affordable price bracket.
Samsung Galaxy Grand specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Google Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Cellular connectivity: HSPA+ 21Mpbs/EDGE/GPRS
- Other connectivity: A-GPS/Glonass, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (dual-channel), Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA
- Display: 5-inch WVGA (800×480)
- Input: Touchscreen
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB onboard and microSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP with BSI and 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Battery: 2,100mAh
- Dimensions / weight: 143.5 x 76.9 x 9.6 millimeters / 162 grams
The Samsung Galaxy Grand will come with a number of Samsung Apps including Smart Alert, Popup Video, S Voice and Direct Call. It will also come in single SIM (GT-I9080) and dual-SIM (GT-I9082) configurations.
Samsung did not announce availability and pricing details for the Galaxy Grand.
Read more: Samsung Tomorrow