As already hinted at by an FCC filing, ASUS appears set to add a new mid-range Transformer Pad tablet to its portfolio. It will likely succeed the aging TF500 and offer a cheaper alternative to the Transformer Pad TF701 unveiled at IFA 2013. This model, the TF502T, first surfaced on the Wi-Fi Alliance’s website and is now also listed on the ASUS Taiwan website with full details and images.
ASUS Transformer Pad TF502T specifications:
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3
- Operating system: Google Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 10.1-inch HD (1366×768) Super IPS+
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 32GB/64GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP AF with flash
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-HDMI port
- Battery: 25Wh / Additional 22Wh on dock
- Dimensions: 262.5 × 169.9 × 10.2 millimeters / 262.5 × 170.9× 18.7 millimeters with dock
- Weight: 538 grams / 1063 grams with dock
- Other: 4 speakers with SonicMaster audio technology
As with other Transformer tablets in the past, an optional keyboard dock will be available. The WD01 keyboard dock will have an additional battery, giving the docked TF502T up to 16 hours of battery life.
There is no word on availability and pricing at this point but a formal announcement should not be too far off.