Jolla yesterday announced the full specifications of its first Sailfish OS-powered smartphone. A first pre-order round has sold out and a second one is underway but only open in Finland where Jolla is based.
The specifications point to a mid-range device that will not worry flagship devices. Instead, Jolla is likely looking to strike a balance between price and specifications to get its devices into as many hands as it can.
Jolla Sailfish smartphone specifications:
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Operating system: Sailfish OS
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA/GSM
- Display: 4.5-inch qHD (540×960) Jolla Estrade
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: microSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP AF with LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Battery: 2,100mAh
- Other: Expandability with changeable The Other Half smartcovers
The Jolla smartphone is also compatible with Android apps. Developers will not need to retool their apps for the new OS but it remains to be seen how users will be able to download those apps as the Google Play store itself will not be available on the Sailfish OS.
The Jolla smartphone will sell for €399 (about CA$560). It is expected to ship by the end of 2013.
Source : Jolla