With the arrival of Windows 8.1 and its support for smaller displays, manufacturers have begun to unveil smaller Windows 8 tablets. Following the recent announcement of the Dell Venue 8 Pro, Lenovo today announced the Lenovo Miix2 8-inch tablet. Billed as a “multi-mode device,” it is its first smaller Windows 8 tablet.
“Many users want the convenience of a smaller screen tablet, but do not want to lose the performance and convenience of a powerful, quad core Windows 8.1 device. With the Lenovo Miix2 8-inch, users can take advantage of a small, light form factor without sacrificing performance,” said Bai Peng, vice president and general manager, notebook business unit, Lenovo Business Group. “The Lenovo Miix2 8-inch is a great example of how thoughtful design can deliver the best of both worlds.”
Lenovo Miix 2 specifications:
- Processor: Intel Bay Trail-T Quad Core
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 8.1-inch WXGA (1280×800) IPS
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: Up to 128GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Dimensions: 8.35 millimeters
- Weight: 350 grams
- Other:Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 preinstalled
As far as accessories go, Lenovo will offer a US$20 cover case with a capacitive stylus.
The Lenovo Miix2 will go on sale in the U.S. at the end of October starting at US$299 for the 32GB model. A 64GB model will be offered for US$349. There is no word yet on Canadian availability.
Source : Lenovo