As expected, LG today unveiled the LG G2, its latest flagship smartphone. Promising that you will “never be able to go back to your old phone,” it “changes the way we interact with the phone” by moving the power button from the side to the back. As such, it is the first smartphone to not have any buttons on the sides.
The rear-mounted volume keys can also launch QuickMemo and the camera when long-pressed. And if the G2 is lying on a surface face up, there is no need to lift the phone to turn it on. Instead, the KnockOn feature allows the display can be tapped twice to activate it.
“Our definition of innovation today is technology that truly resonates with consumers,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, who welcomed the guests to the event. “We have always listened to and learned from consumers in pursuit of innovation. We took these insights to new heights in developing LG G2, the most exciting and ambitious mobile phone in our company’s history.”
LG G2 specifications
- Processor: 2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Operating system: Google Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with LG Optimus UI
- Cellular connectivity: LTE-A/LTE/HSPA/GSM/CDMA (depending on market configuration)
- Other connectivity: GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD (1080×1920/423PPI) IPS
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16GB/32GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP with OIS and LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 2.1MP
- Battery: Non-removable 3,000mAh
- Dimensions: 138.5 × 70.9 × 8.9 millimeters
- Colors: Black, white
LG has managed to fit the 5.2-inch display in a tiny package thanks in large part to the tiny 2.65-millimeter bezels. It describes it the smartphone designed for one-handed operation with the largest display available in the “popular 2.7-inch width smartphone category.”
Taking a page from Samsung’s playbook, LG has also added a number of software features to the LG G2. These include:
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommendations when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
The LG G2 will launch with some 130 carriers across the world over the next two months. All four major U.S. carriers will offer it. It will also launch in Canada via multiple carriers. Pricing was not announced.
As announced earlier, the LG G2 is also the first smartphone in its new “G” Series of premium devices.
Source : LG