The rumoured Nokia Lumia 525 made its debut quietly today on the Finnish company’s website. There does not even appear to be a press release for it at this time. But as expected, the Lumia 525 is an upgraded version of the entry-level Lumia 520 with twice as much RAM.
Nokia Lumia 525 specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Phone 8
- Cellular connectivity: HSPA+/EDGE
- Other connectivity: A-GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 4-inch WVGA (480×800/235PPI) IPS
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP AF with 720p video capture
- Front-facing camera: None
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB port
- Battery: 1,430mAh
- Dimensions: 119.9 × 64 × 9.9 millimeters
- Weight: 124 grams
- Colours: Orange, yellow, white
The Nokia Lumia 525 will also retain the interchangeable backplates seen on the Lumia 520.
The Nokia Lumia 520 was well received by customers and has done well for Nokia. The Lumia 525 should help the company continue to build up its presence in the entry-level portion of the smartphone market. At this point, it appears that the Nokia Lumia 525 is headed to Africa, the Asia Pacific region and the Middle East. But given that the Nokia Lumia 520 made its way to Canada earlier this year, there is a chance that we will see it make way for the Lumia 525, perhaps in early 2014.
Pricing was not announced.
Source : Nokia