The Sony SmartWatch 2 may go on sale much sooner than anyone expected. When Sony unveiled it late last month, it said that it would be available globally starting in September 2013. But UK-based retailer Clove expects to receive stock as early as July 15th. It has already started taking pre-orders for it at a price of £100.00 (about CA$160 or US$150).
Following on from the original Sony SmartWatch, Sony SmartWatch 2 offers new and improved features expanding your Android experience; whilst also introducing new and exciting ways to live and communicate.
The SmartWatch 2 connects to your Sony Smartphone via a Bluetooth connection mirroring all of your latest notifications on to your watch. Keep track of everything without having to take your phone out of your bag, receive notifications, control your music, see who’s calling.
Clove lists the following features for the Sony SmartWatch 2:
- Splash proof (Not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, diving, snorkelling, water related work or fishing)
- Easy calling
- NFC capabilities
- Versatile accessory ideal for the active person
- Connects via Bluetooth to your compatible device
- Transmits key information from the mobile device to the SmartWatch without the need to touch the phone itself
- Can be clipped to clothing, bags or worn on the wrist
- More applications being developed at all times to give greater personalisation and functionality
Let us know below if you’re thinking of getting the Sony SmartWatch 2 or one of the many other upcoming ones.