BlackBerry and Porsche Design today unveiled the latest product of their partnership, the Porsche Design P’9983 smartphone from BlackBerry, the successor to last year’s P’9982 and the first to come with BlackBerry 10.
As with other Porsche Design smartphones, the P’9983 uses premium finishes such as sapphire glass for the camera lens, forged stainless steel for the Porsche Design floating logo and chassis, and a special glass-weave technology for the back plate. The keyboard sports “specially crafted glass-like keys with the durability of rigid synthetic material, and a special 3D effect with silver font characters.” Like previous models, it also comes withan exclusive Porsche Design PIN range (2AAXXXXX) that “sets the owner apart and makes them instantly recognizable among other Porsche Design users.”
“The Porsche Design P’9983 smartphone from BlackBerry makes a statement about its owner’s impeccable taste and drive for achievement and success, as well as discernment in making the right choices with products that help them stay on top,” says Juergen Gessler, CEO of the Porsche Design Group. “Yet again, the collaboration with BlackBerry has led to a product that blends style and functionality to provide a true luxury experience.”
Porsche Design P’9983 specifications:
- Processor: 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960)
- Operating system: BlackBerry OS 10.3
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: A-GPS/GLONASS, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC
- Display: 3.1-inch (720×720)
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 64GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 128GB
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP AF with 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera: 2MP FF with 720p video capture
- Connectors: micro-HDMI
- Sensors: Accelerometer, magnetometer, proximity sensor, gyroscope, ambient light sensor
- Battery: 2,100mAh
- Dimensions: 119 × 67.1 × 10.6 millimeters
- Weight: 140 grams
Custom backplates made of handcrafted leather will also be available in a range of colours that include Yellow, Blue Green, Dark Brown, Pomegranate, Paloma Grey, Salsa, Blue and Orange.
The Porsche Design P’9983 will launch in October and will be available from Porsche Design stores, select carriers and retailers around the world. In Canada, there is a Porsche Design store in Toronto. Pricing was not announced but expect it to sell for upwards of CA$2000.
Source : BlackBerry