LG’s plan to launch more devices under the LG G3 brand is well and truly underway. The South Korean company today announced the mid-range LG G3 Beat, promising a similar user experience to that of its flagship LG G3 but in a more compact 5.0-inch design, “setting it a class above other similarly priced mid-tier devices.” Unfortunately, that also means downgraded specifications, includes a significantly lower resolution 720p HD display, in order to meet that mid-tier price point.
“Smartphone manufacturers cannot ignore this growing segment of consumers who want the best balance of looks, features, performance and, of course, price,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The LG G3 Beat represents our commitment to the mid-tier smartphone market that demands mature technology, proven branding, great innovation and attractive price, all in a single device.”
LG G3 Beat specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+ 21Mbps/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity:A-GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280×720/294PPI) IPS
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP with Laser Auto Focus
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,450mAh
- Dimensions: 137.7 × 69.6 × 10.3 millimeters
- Weight: 134 grams
- Colours: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold
- Other: Touch & Shoot, Smart Keyboard, QuickMemo+, Gesture Shot
The image below shows the new LG G3 Beat next to its larger LG G3 sibling.
The LG G3 Beat will first launch in South Korea on July 18. It will then launch in Europe and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries a few weeks later as the LG G3 s. North American plans were not announced today.
Source : LG