Sony Mobile today announced that the LTE-enabled version of its Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is now available in Canada. As you can probably guess, it is nearly identical to the Wi-Fi model launched earlier this spring in Canada after its announcement at Mobile World Congress but adds LTE connectivity for additional convenience.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet, LTE Edition specifications:
- Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: GLONASS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, NFC
- Display: 10.1-inch Full HD (1080×1920) TRILUMINOS LCD
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 8.1MP with Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- Front-facing camera: 2.2MP
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB (USB 2.0)
- Dimensions: 172 × 266 × 6.4 millimeters
- Weight: 426grams (Wi-Fi model) / 439 grams (LTE/3G model)
- Battery: 6000mAh
- Colours: Black, White
- Other: Dust-resistant and waterproof (IP55 and IP58), FM Radio with RDS
As we reported as part of our hands-on with both it and the Xperia Z2 smartphone, it is a tablet that impresses by its thinness and weight.
The Sony Xperia Z2, LTE Edition, with 16GB of onboard storage is available from Bell Mobility for CA$169.95 with a two-year contract or CA$649.95 outright. It will also be available unlocked from Sony Stores and their online store.