Microsoft Canada has already confirmed that the Nokia Lumia 830 is coming soon to Canada. Unfortunately, details about carriers, price and a launch date were not provided at the time of the announcement. Thanks to an observant shopper, we now know the identity of at least one carrier that will offer the latest Nokia Lumia smartphone.
Pictures sent in to WPCentral show a dummy Lumia 830 at a Rogers Wireless store. The demo unit was already set up for customers to check out. With a TimmyMe app icon and Rogers marketing materials in the background, there is little doubt that the carrier is getting ready to launch the Nokia Lumia 830.
There are still no launch and pricing details but the date of October 2 was overheard.
Nokia Lumia 830 specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim update
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280×720 / 296DPI) ClearBlack IPS-LCD with Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 128GB
- Rear-facing camera: 10MP PureView with OIS, LED flash and ZEISS optics
- Front-facing camera: 1MP
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB 2.0 port,
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, gyroscope, magnetometer
- Battery: 2,200mAh, integrated Qi wireless charging
- Dimensions: 139.4 × 70.7 × 8.5 millimeters
- Weight: 150 grams
- Colours: Bright orange, bright green, white, black
There is no word yet on what other Canadian carriers could launch the Lumia 830 or when.
Rest assured that we’ll let you know as soon as the Nokia Lumia 830 launches in Canada.