Samsung Canada earlier this month announced that the Galaxy Alpha was coming to Canada on September 26. Right on schedule, it has popped up on the Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile Canada websites. It is Samsung’s first smartphone to come with an aluminium frame.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha specifications:
- Processor: Octa-core (quad 1.8GHz & quad 1.3GHz) Samsung Exynos 5
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE Cat.6 (Cat.4 in Canada)
- Other connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bleutooth 4.0 LE, NFC
- Display: 4.7-inch HD (720×1280) Super AMOLED
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 32GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor ,gesture sensor, fingerprint
- sensor, heart rate sensor
- Battery: 1,860mAh
- Dimensions: 132.4 × 65.5 × 6.7 millimeters
- Weight: 115 grams
- Colours: Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver, Scuba Blue
- Other: Ultra Power Saving Mode
Bell Mobility is offering the Samsung Galaxy Alpha in black, white or gold for CA$149.95 with select two-year contracts or CA$699.95 contract free. Virgin Mobile is offering it up in black or white for almost the same price (just CA$0.04 more).
It remains to be seen if the Scuba Blue version will eventually make its way to Canada. Additional carriers are expected to launch the Samsung Galaxy Alpha in “the coming months.” Maybe they will offer it.