When Samsung Canada confirmed shortly after its announcement that the Galaxy Note 4 was coming to Canada, it also said that it was still looking into whether to also bring in the Galaxy Note Edge. For those who kept their fingers and toes crossed for a positive outcome, there is good news today.
Paul Brannen, Executive Vice President, Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada, confirmed today that the flagship phablet with the curved display that wraps to one side is indeed coming to Canada. The Canadian launch will come after the U.S. one as it will be upgraded to support carrier aggregation to enable faster connection speeds. As a result, the launch will not happen until sometime in 2015.
Here is a reminder of the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge’s specifications:
- Processor: 2.7GHz quad-core
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+ 42Mbps/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: GPS/GLONASS, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Display: 5.6-inch QHD (2560×1440) Super AMOLED with 160 pixel Edge display
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 32GB/64GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 16MP AF with OIS
- Front-facing camera: 3.7MP
- Ports: USB 2.0, MHL 3.0
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-ion
- Dimensions: 151.3 × 82.4 × 8.3 millimeters
- Weight: 174 grams
- Colours: Charcoal Black, Frost White
- Other: IR remote control
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge features a curved display that wraps to the side. The side display can act not only as an app launcher but it can also function independently and provide functionality like a news ticker, a bedside alarm clock, an S Health summary and more.
Still missing are specific launch and pricing details but if you’re itching to get your hands on the Galaxy Note Edge, at least you now know that you’re not saving those pretty pennies in vain.
Source : CTV News