Samsung unveiled four new tablets at CES 2014 but the oft-rumoured model did not surface as many had expected. Samsung focused on its new NotePRO and TabPro tablets while the entry-level Galaxy Tab 3 Lite remained in the rumour category a bit longer. Well, no more. Samsung Poland has (accidentally) confirmed its existence by posting the user manual for the Wi-Fi version (SM-T110) on its website.
At the same time, Polish retailer X-Kom now lists the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite on its website along with specifications.
Rumoured Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core Marvell PXA986
- Operating system: Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Cellular connectivity (SM-T110): None
- Cellular connectivity (SM-T111): 3G
- Other connectivity: GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Display: 7-inch WSVGA (1024×600)
- RAM: 1GB DDR2
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 2MP
- Front-facing camera: None
- Battery: 3,600mAh
- Dimensions: 117 x 193 9.7 millimeters
- Weight: 310 grams
While the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite is no longer a rumour, its specifications remain so as we cannot vouch for the accuracy of the details provided by X-Kom.
X-Kom lists the SM-T110 as available for pre-order for PLN499 (about CA$180) and the 3G variant SM-T111 for PLN799 (about CA$285). These prices are higher than earlier rumours suggested and seem high for the entry-level specifications proposed.
There is no word yet on when Samsung will formally unveil the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.