After indicating that it would not use Android Wear for future smartwatches, Sony Mobile surprised more than one last month when it unveiled the Android Wear-powered Sony SmartWatch 3 at IFA 2014. The company also revealed that its latest smartwatch would launch in October. It now looks like that date is not far away.
The Sony SmartWatch 3 is a state-of-the-art smart watch and life logging accessory. It’s an intuitive, interactive device that provides personalized information and keeps you connected to all notifications on your smartphone. When an incoming call, message or other event is initiated in your smartphone you can view it on your wrist.
Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core
- Operating system: Google Android Wear
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 1.6-inch (320×320) LCD Transflective
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Connectors: Micro-USB
- Sensors: Ambient light, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope
- Battery: 420mAh
- Weight: 45 grams
- Colours: Black, Yellow with optional Pink and White straps
- Other: Dust and waterproof (IP68 rated)
Google Play will offer the Sony SmartWatch 3 for CA$279.99 or US$249.99. That’s slightly more than both the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live but the same price as the Moto 360 which is launching in Canada on October 31.
Source : Google Play