ASUS first announced the ASUS ZenWatch 2 in early June at Computex. It did not announce availability and pricing details at the time. As expected, it revealed those details today during its IFA 2015 press event.
The ASUS ZenWatch 2 will go on sale globally in October. It will be available in two sizes: A 49mm model with a 1.6-inch display and 22mm strap and a smaller 45mm one with a 1.45-inch display and 18mm strap.
ASUS ZenWatch 2 specifications:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android Wear
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Display: Curved 1.6-inch or 1.45-inch AMOLED (320×320) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Colours: Silver, Gunmetal and Rose Gold with 18 different strap choices
- Other: Digital crown button
ASUS boasts that the ZenWatch 2 has an enhanced battery that will provide up to 2 days of use. A magnetic charger wirelessly recharges the smartwatch with only 36 minutes needed to charge it from zero to 50% capacity.
For whatever reason, ASUS only announced European pricing today. The larger model will sell for €149 (about US$190 or CA$225) while the smaller one will go for €169 (about US$170 or CA$250).