Polar has unveiled a couple of new colour options for its Polar M400 sports watch. Along with the already available black and white models, consumers can now also choose from blue and pink models. The latter comes with a wristband that is 2 centimeters shorter than that of the other ones to provide a better fit for users with smaller wrists.
The new models are otherwise identical to the current ones. Among the key features are:
- Smart notifications which allow users to read text messages, view incoming calls and receive calendar alerts and social media apps’ push notifications via their watch (iOS only).
- Assisted GPS (A-GPS) which tracks pace and altitude as well as provides accurate distance and speed/pace for both indoor (treadmill) and outdoor running.
- 24/7 tracking which measures daily activity, sleep, speed, distance, altitude, pace, heart rate and route.
- Smart Coaching which offers training and activity benefits such as a running index to gauge developing performance, an activity guide, a fitness test and more.
- Polar Flow app and web service which allows users to create training plans and targets and analyze their session.
The Polar M400 in blue or pink is currently only available directly from Polar. Both are available for US$229.95 (CA$269.99) with bundled H7 heart rate sensor strap. The blue model will also be available without the heart monitor strap later this summer for US$179.95 (CA$219.99).
Polar recently updated the Polar M400 firmware to support Smart Notifications from iOS devices. A similar update is coming soon to Android devices.
Source : Polar