Baselworld 2016 is wrapping up today but with over 1,000 brands represented at the event, we’re still finding more than a few things to share with you. Case in point is the Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City. The Swiss watchmaker first partnered with DC Comics back in 2014 for Batman’s 75th Anniversary, this second timepiece is dedicated to the city that created Batman and is the setting for so many of his adventures. Its release also happens to coincide with the opening of the new Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice movie.
The main difference between the new Gotham City and the original timepiece is the dial. The new one is dominated by the Batman logo seemingly floating above the buildings of the city. A 3D effect is achieved by building the dial up with three layers. The effect is further heightened with the C1 Superluminova which emits a bright blue hue when charged.
Like the original, the Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City sports a 46mm stainless steel case with a black PVD coating paired to a facetted bezel also in black PVD-coated steel. Each facet features the RJ “rough” effect to “mimic the roughness of Gotham City.” Also unchanged from the first Batman timepiece is the mechanical self-winding Romain Jerome RJ001-A movement.
Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City specifications:
- Movement: Mechanical self-winding Romain Jerome RJ001-A
- Case diameter: 46mm
- Case material: Stainless steel with black PVD coating
- Case back: Batman medallion engraved on stainless steel
- Dial: 3D effect with Batman applique, engraved buildings, Superluminova C1 “blue emission” and black satin-brushed hands
- Battery/Power reserve: 42 hours
- Water resistance: 3 ATM (30 meters)
- Complications: None
- Strap: Black Hornback crocodile with black PVD-coated steel folding clasp
The Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City is limited to 75 pieces. It sells for €17,950 (about US$19,500 or CA$26,500).
Source : Romain Jerome