As rumours suggested last month, Huawei brought two new Huawei Watch models to CES 2016. The new new Huawei Watch Elegant and Jewel are geared at making smartwatches more appealing to women.
Both new models retain the hardware specifications of the original Huawei Watch including the fully round display but come in a rose gold-plated finish, smaller 10mm wristbands and with 10 “exclusive feminine” watch faces. They are slightly larger than the original models with 44mm cases compared to the original’s 42mm thanks to the new decorative elements introduced.
The dial of the Huawei Watch Jewel (on the right) is encircled by 68 1.5mm Swarovski Zirconia so that it “glistens and shines like nothing else available on the smartwatch market today.” The “more understated” Huawei Watch Elegant (on the left) trades in the crystals for a knurled pattern effect around the case.
Huawei Watch Elegant and Jewel specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android Wear 1.3
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Display: 1.4-inch full circle (400×400/286PPI) AMOLED with sapphire crystal
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Gyroscope and accelerometer, PPG (heart monitor), barometer, vibration motor
- Battery: 300mAh
- Dimensions: 44 × 44 × 11.3 millimeters
- Colours: Rose gold
The Huawei Watch Jewel and Elegant will go on sale starting in March in the same countries as where the original model is currently available (including Canada and the U.S.).
Source : Huawei