Already on sale in the UK and France since December, the Moto 360 Sport is now on sale in the U.S. as well. The more rugged version of the new 2nd generation Moto 360 is now available online from Motorola and Verizon Wireless.
Geared at fitness enthusiasts, the Moto 360 sports some differences designed to make it more resistant to the wear and tear of exercise. The body and strap use silicone to prevent fading and staining. The new side ventilation channels also help the wearer stay cool. It also adds built-in GPS and new Motorola AnyLight technology that promises to improve readability both indoors and outdoors.
Size-wise, it just a bit smaller than the 46mm Moto 360 but its display is the same size as that of the 42mm model. It also uses the smaller 300mAh battery but still promises a full day of battery life.
Motorola Moto 360 Sport specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android Wear
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- Display: 1.37-inch AnyLight Hybrid Display (360×325 / 263 PPI)
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Sensors: Barometric altimeter, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, optical heart rate monitor (PPG)
- Battery: 300mAh
- Dimensions: 45 × 45 × 11.5 millimeters
- Weight: 54 grams
- Colours: Black, Flame (Orange), White
- Other: IP67 dust and water resistant
The Moto 360 Sport sells for US$299.99 and can be purchased online from Motorola and Verizon Wireless.