Samsung earlier today announced that the upcoming Samsung Gear S2 classic 3G smartwatch would be the first device to sport a GSMA compliant eSIM. The South Korean company has now provided more specific launch details. The Samsung Gear S2 classic 3G/4G will launch in the U.S. on March 11th and will be available from AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
“By bringing together fashionable design and connected functionality, this smartwatch gives consumers the freedom to leave their phones behind while enjoying a stylish, classic design,” said Gary Riding, senior vice president, product marketing at Samsung Electronics America.
With its own eSIM, the Samsung Gear S2 classic 3G will be able to call, text, email and receive notifications directly from their watch without the need to be paired to a smartphone.
Samsung Gear S2 classic 3G specifications:
- Processor: 1.0GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Samsung Tizen
- Cellular connectivity: 3G/4G
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/e Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Display: 1.2-inch Super AMOLED (360×360 / 302PPI)
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate, ambient light, barometer
- Battery: 300mAh
- Dimensions: 44.0 × 46.9 × 13.4 millimeters
- Weight: 54 grams
- Colours: Black
- Other: Wireless charging, dust and water resistant (rated IP68)
Samsung did not announce pricing, leaving those details instead to the respective carriers.
Source : Samsung