According to comScore’s latest Mobile Subscriber Market Share report, Google Android continues to gain share in the US smartphone market. For the three month period ending in May, here are the top five with change over the previous three month period:
- RIM: 41.7 percent (-0.4 percent)
- Apple: 24.4 percent (-1.0 percent)
- Microsoft: 13.2 percent (-1.9 percent)
- Google: 13 percent (+4 percent)
- Palm: 4.8 percent (-0.6 percent)
As the metrics show, all mobile operating systems lost ground to Android. At the same time, most smartphone platforms continued to gain subscribers as the smartphone market overall continued to grow. Android is simply growing faster than its competitors.