Hewlett-Packard today announced its first Windows 8 tablet. The HP ElitePad 900 is aimed at the business and government sectors rather than the consumer one.
“Businesses used to face a tough purchase decision: How to find a product that will delight employees and help them be more productive, while also making sure IT can secure and manage it,” said Todd Bradley, executive vice president, Printing and Personal Systems, HP. “The HP ElitePad meets all those tests. It combines the great style and user experience consumers demand with the features IT requires.”
HP has not fully detailed the specifications of the HP ElitePad 900 but here is what we know so far:
- Processor: Intel Clover Trail
- Operating system: Windows 8
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
- Display: 10.1-inch with Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Input: Capacitive touchscreen, pen-based input
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: Up to 64GB SSD and microSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP with LED flash
- Front-facing camera: Yes
- Dimensions / weight: 9.2 millimeters thick / 680 grams
- Other: HP ElitePad Smart Jackets with different connectivity options and an additional ultra-slim battery
HP’s ElitePad Smart Jackets come in two flavours. The HP HP ElitePad Productivity Jacket comes with an integrated keyboard, connectivity ports, SD card reader and adjustable viewing angles. The HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket adds USB, HDMI and other connectivity options.
The HP ElitePad 900 will not be available until January 2013. Specificic availability and pricing information will be announced closer its launch.
Read more: Hewlett-Packard