When BlackBerry announced the BlackBerry Q5 back in May, it made no mention of North America as one of the markets where it would launch. We can now debate whether this was an omission or deliberate as it appears that it is headed to Canada (and presumably to the US should a carrier want to offer it). According to an internal document obtained by MobileSyrup, the BlackBerry Q5 is headed to Fido later this summer. It will be compatible with their LTE network.
BlackBerry Q5 specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Operating system: BlackBerry 10
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA/GSM
- Other connectivity: A-GPS/GPS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 3.1-inch 720×720 / 330 PPI
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP AF with LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB 2.0
- Battery: Non-removable 2,180mAh
- Dimensions: 120 x 66 x 10.8 millimeters
- Weight: 120 grams
- Colors: Red, white, black, and pink
It remains to be seen which colours Fido will carry.
The document lists a launch date of July 3rd, 2013. Needless to say, that did not happen. MobileSyrup expects it to hit the street in August or September for about CA$400. It is likely to also launch on other Canadian carriers.
Let us know below if you would be interested in picking up a BlackBerry Q5.
Source : MobileSyrup