More and more info is being leaked about the new Windows Phone, the Nokia Lumia 1020 (or Lumia 909?) with its 41MP camera sensor, as we get closer to the NYC July 11th event. In the rendering above, you can see the three colors that the phone will be offered in – Yellow, Black, and White. You can also see the 41MP camera exposed with a Xenon, LED flash, and huge sensor.
The older Nokia Lumia 928 with a 8.7MP PureView sensor is well-known for its sensational photos. Can you image what Nokia will be able to do with a 41MP sensor? With the included Pro Camera App, you can change things like:
- White Balance
- Manual focus
- Shutter speed
Some of the leaked camera specs suggest:
- It has optical image stabilization (OIS) built in
- It takes the image in a 32MP and 5MP at the same time in 16:9
- The 5MP image is over sampled dropping 7pixels into one “super pixel”
- It shoots 38MP in 4:3
- It sports an f/2.2 aperture
The phone itself will have:
- 2GB of RAM, an increase of 1GB from other high end Windows Phone 8 devices
- 32GB of internal storage, no external storage though
- Windows Phone 8 version 8.0.10322.71
- FM radio (Amber)
- Flip to silence (Amber)
- An optional wireless charging backplate will be available separately
The Nokia Lumia 1020 should hit AT&T by the end of the month, although Microsoft stores could have it by Monday, 7/22. The list price is expected to come in at about US$600, although it will be considerably cheaper on contract. There is also talk that it will be going to the UK at some point, so it maybe an exclusive at AT&T, but not for long.
In the comments let us know what you think about this Lumia 1020… Does it sound like something that may interest you?
Source : WpCentral