As expected, smartphone manufacturers are not losing much time in announcing their Android 4.4 KitKat plans. Out of the gate already are both HTC and Motorola.
On the HTC side, the following have been confirmed by Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC America:
- HTC One Google Play Edition – Within the next 15 days
- HTC One Developer Edition – Within the next 30 days
- Unlocked and North American carrier variants of the HTC One – Within the next 90 days
HTC Sense will remain at version 5.5 for all of these devices with HTC Sense 6.0 reportedly saved for the HTC One successor (only known as the HTC M8 for now).
Confirmed on the Motorola side are the following:
- Moto X
- DROID Ultra
- DROID Maxx
- DROID Mini
Motorola has not provided timelines for these devices.
A number of older devices could still get the upgrade as well. The following all show a status of “Future plan coming soon.”:
- DROID RAZR HD
- DROID RAZR HD Developer Edition
- DROID RAZR MAXX HD
- DROID RAZR M
- DROID RAZR M Developer Edition
On a side note, the DROID XYBOARD 10.1 will be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) sometime in Q4 2013.
Google has already confirmed that its Nexus lineup will be upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat (except for the Galaxy Nexus and older devices).