Samsung today unveiled another large-screened smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is the successor to the original Galaxy Grand, a mid-range device back in its day. It promises to improve upon the original with “meaningful upgrades.”
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core
- Operating system: Google Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Cellular connectivity: HSPA+
- Other connectivity: GPS/GLONASS, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 5.25-inch HD (720×1280)
- RAM: 1.5GB
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP AF with LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 1.9MP
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- Dimensions: 146.8 × 75.3 × 8.9 millimeters
- Weight: 163 grams
- Colors: White, Black and Pink
- Other: Dual-SIM capabilities
Key upgrades over the original Galaxy Grand include a faster processor, a slightly larger and higher resolution display and a larger battery. But like the original, the Galaxy Grand 2 does not support LTE.
It also includes a number of Samsung apps such as enhanced camera features like Best Face, Best Photo and Continuous Shot, S Translator, S Travel, Samsung Hub, Group Play and Samsung Link.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand will be available in “selective regions” but specific timelines or pricing were not announced. The dual-SIM and lack of LTE capabilities suggests it may not make its way to North America though.
Source : Samsung