The Samsung Galaxy Mega is now available in Canada though a number of carriers. Packing a 6.3-inch display, it is certainly among if not the largest smartphone currently available in Canada.
Carry it like a phone, use it like a tablet.
The Samsung GALAXY MEGA™ is the latest flagship smartphone in the GALAXY series. The MEGA combines the features of a smartphone and the viewing experience of a tablet. It is fun, smart and affordable and delivers a mobile experience that is larger than life.
Samsung Galaxy MEGA 6.3 specifications:
- Processor: 1.7GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Google Android 4.2
- Cellular connectivity: LTE150Mbps/HSPA+ 21/5.76/EDGE/GPRS
- Other connectivity: GPS/GLONASS, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 6.3-inch HD (1280×720) Super Clear LCD
- RAM: 1.5GB
- Internal storage: 16GB onboard storage
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP
- Front-facing camera: 1.9MP
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, USB 2.0, MHL
- Battery: 3,200mAh
- Dimensions: 167.6 × 88 × 8.0 millimeters
- Weight: 199 grams
The following carriers offer the Samsung Galaxy Mega (with pricing varying a bit between them):
- Bell: CA$149.95 with a two-year contract or CA$549.95 outright
- Koodo: CA$350 with Tab or CA$500 outright
- Rogers: CA$99.99 with a two-year contract or CA$499.99 outright
- SaskTel: Still listed as coming soon
- TELUS: CA$99 with a two-year contract or CA$550 outright
Let us know below if you’re planning to pick it up.