With mere hours to go before Sony takes to the stage in Berlin for its IFA 2013 press announcement, official press pictures and specifications of the Sony Xperia Z1 (codename Honami), its next flagship smartphone, have been leaked (again). As other images already revealed, the design shares much with that of the device it will likely replace, the Xperia Z.
Rumoured Sony Xperia Z1 specifications:
- Processor: 2.2GHz quad-core ualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974
- Operating system: Google Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Display: 5-inch Full HD (1080×1920) TRILUMINOS
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 20.7MP with 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS CMOS sensor and G-Lens (f/2.0 aperture and 27mm wide angle)
- Front-facing camera:
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Dimensions: 144 × 74 × 8.5 millimeters
- Weight: 170 grams
- Colors: Black, purple and white
- Other: IP55/IP58 certified
The Sony Xperia Z1 will also launch with a number of camera apps such as Info-eye for visual searches and Timeshift Burst.
With Sony’s teaser video and images, it’s almost certain that Sony will use its IFA 2013 event to unveil the Xperia Z1 as its latest flagship smartphone, possibly along with new QX10/QX100 ‘lens-style’ cameras and other products, possibly including a Chromecast-like Internet Player dongle.
It will not be long now – All will be revealed tomorrow.