We first heard about the BlackBerry Z20 back in August. Details were slim but the new smartphone was identified as the replacement for the aging BlackBerry Z10. New details including images have now emerged about this new mid-range smartphone codenamed BlackBerry Rio.
According to documents obtained by N4BB, the BlackBerry Z20 will indeed replace the Z10. According to early marketing materials, it is designed for “Power Pros who want to be considered by others as being current with technology, yet cost is a major consideration in their purchase decision.”
In fact, it is an updated version of the BlackBerry Z3 LTE (codename Manitoba) which BlackBerry never released. The company had originally announced plans for such a device back when it unveiled the BlackBerry Z3.
Rumoured BlackBerry Z20 specifications:
- Processor: 1.5Ghz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus (MSM8960)
- Operating system: BlackBerry OS
- Cellular connectivity: Penta-band LTE
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA
- Display: 5-inch HD (720×1280)
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards
- Rear-facing camera: 8MP
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Battery: 2,800mAh
- Dimensions: 144 × ?? × 9.5 millimeters
- Colour: Black, White
The BlackBerry Z20 could launch as early as February 2015. Initial markets are likely to include EMEA, Latin America and parts of Asia.
It also appears that the BlackBerry Z20 will be the only device that BlackBerry will launch in the first half of 2015.