Toshiba this week became the latest manufacturer to jump on the Chromebook bandwagon. Slotting nicely between recently announced 11-inch Chromebooks like the Dell Chromebook 11 and HP Chromebook 11 and larger models such as the HP Chromebook 14 is Toshiba’s 13.3-inch Chromebook.
“We see great potential in Chrome OS as it offers both consumers and educators a simple and easy-to-use computing experience,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “We believe that bringing a more versatile 13-inch model to market will help drive the entire category forward by giving customers an option that opens new doors for productivity, not only for consumers, but also students and educators.”
Full specifications for the Toshiba Chromebook have not been announced but here is what we know so far:
- Processor: Haswell-based Intel Celeron
- Operating system: Google Chromebook
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 13.3-inch HD (1366×768) TruBrite
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: SD cards
- Connectors: Two USB 3.0 ports, full-size HDMI port
- Dimensions: 33 × 22 × 2 centimeters
- Weight: 1.5 kilograms
The Toshiba Chromebook will be available for US$279.99 in the U.S. starting on February 16, 2014. There is no word yet on Canadian availability.
Source : Toshiba