Ahead of CES 2014 and its expected wave of announcements, Acer today unveiled the Acer Iconia A1-830, a 7.9-inch tablet that will sell for US$149. It is billed as being “ideal for consumers who want a superior tablet for enjoying web browsing, casual gaming, sharing and staying connected.” It will replace the older Iconia A1-810.
“Our fundamental goal when creating the Acer Iconia A1-830 was to provide our customers with an optimized Android tablet that stands out from other devices,” said Jerry Kao, associate vice president of Acer Mobile Consumer Business Unit. “Consumers expect more than ever from value-oriented products, and the Acer Iconia A1-830 tablet delivers much more than tablets in this class with its vibrant IPS display, premium aluminum metal finish and great performance and sound.”
As you would expect, the specifications of the Iconia A10830 befit those of a tablet selling for an entry-level price.
Acer Iconia A1-830 specifications:
- Processor: 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560
- Operating system: Google Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0
- Display: 7.9-inch XGA (1024×768) IPS
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR2
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: 2MP
- Front-facing camera: 1.6MP
- Connectors: MicroUSB port
- Dimensions: 8.15 millimeters thick
- Weight: 381 grams
- Other: Aluminum rear cover and metal mid-frame
Acer will support the Iconia A1-830 with a number of accessories including the Acer Crunch Keyboard, a keyboard that also serves as a synthetic leather case, and the Acer Crunch Cover, a cover that folds into a tablet stand with multiple angle settings. Other options will include a protective case, protection film and adaptor kit with bag.
The Acer Iconia A1-830 will launch in North America later this quarter for US$149.
Source : Acer