HTC unveiled the HTC Desire 510 back in August and promised that it was coming soon to Canada. That day is upon us and it can now be found through both Rogers Wireless and Fido. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, the HTC Desire 510 hold the honour of being the company’s first 64-bit device.
Don’t let its modest price fool you. Driven by a quad-core processor for the LTE network, the HTC Desire 510 displays rich graphics on a 4.7″ display, juggles between multiple apps, and provides the smooth gaming of a premium smartphone. HTC BlinkFeed has been enhanced to tailor content specifically for you. Personalize your own stream of online content in seconds, and be the first to know with timely updates at a glance. If you browse for it online, it’s on your BlinkFeed ? only much easier to find.
HTC Desire 510 specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4 with HTC Sense
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+ 42Mbps/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: GPS/GLONASS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA
- Display: 4.7-inch FWGA (854 × 480)
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 4GB/8GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 128GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP
- Front-facing camera: 0.3MP (1.3MP on Sprint Wireless)
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB 2.0 port
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Battery: 2,100mAh
- Dimensions: 139.9 × 69.8 × 9.99 millimeters
- Weight: 158 grams
- Colours: Terra White and Meridian Grey
The HTC Desire 510 is priced to compete with devices like the upcoming new Moto G or the recently launched Samsung Galaxy Core LTE. Rogers is offering it for free with select two-year contracts or CA$199.99 outright. Fido is offering for similar prices. Both offer the 8GB version.